Why is it so hard to Accept?

 


After such a long time I finally felt an urge to not write but to actually understand something. Usually, I share whatever comes to mind, I share my thoughts around that topic. But this time I felt I wanted to learn something, for the first time I googled something very weird but logical as I wanted to find answers to the question:


Why is it so hard to accept things?


Are we stubborn?

Are we too stringent?

Do we believe in our intellect a lot?

Or is it our faith that - things will get back to the previous state?

Do we believe that the new thing cannot make us happy?

Do we live in past?

Or are we glued to a mentality that nobody/nothing can influence?


Hushhh, for one question, there are so many counter-questions!


Worry not, let’s try to find all these answers in this article. I’ll try to do complete justice to the research I did through my words.


While researching these are the only two pointers to which I could relate upon why is it hard to accept things:

  1. We want to be in our comfort zones.
    While we’re in our comfort zones, we tend to do repetitive things and we don’t wanna break out of that loop. We’re well familiarized with it now and we don’t wanna struggle with anything new.

  2. Change can be painful.

We have a tendency to move away from pain. And since change can be painful sometimes, so we tend to move away and hence don’t accept of it.


To your surprise I couldn't find answers to the questions I was thriving for but after some serious overthinking and some self pep talk, I have something to share with you all.

To proceed with, I have a simple explanation: I feel that one of the biggest problems of the human race is - either we live in the past or in the future. Just not in present.  Either we’re worrying about what will happen in the future or we’re sad about what happened in the past. If we worry about the future, then we are not only ruining our mood, mental health, and the time in the present but we’re also putting our future at stake. A big one.  And if we’re worried about what happened in the past then again we are betting on our mood, mental health, and time. It cannot be changed no matter what you do but by doing something in the present, there might be chances to make things better, or at least it can help us move on or divert our minds.  Sometimes, it's good to accept the changes but sometimes it’s not. Sometimes, if you feel you’re right then you should believe in yourself and your conviction and stay strong and fight till you get things sorted your way. Sometimes we know how things are and there’s nothing in our control. Then what should we do? Should we accept? I’m not sure if I’m right or wrong but I feel we should accept. If there’s nothing in our control then again why play with our own minds, with our emotions, our feelings and of course the time.  I’m a believer of a very lame ideology - “Whatever will happen, Will happen”. We won’t be able to stop it. We won’t be able to change it. So, just do whatever you feel is correct at a certain point in time. Whatever will happen, will happen. Acceptance sometimes brings happiness and joy and sometimes regret and grief. But when you accept things, you’re not bothered by anything. You simply accept! You simply accept without thinking about the repercussions and consequences. You accept without any expectations. You just ACCEPT! You not only accept the situation but you also accept the Present. And when you ACCEPT Present, you Accept GRACE! Please share if you’ve any other ideas on this topic. I’d love to listen to you as it’s gonna give me a wider perspective. I’m a learner and will try to understand your views as well. Thank you All Until next time…

Comments

Popular Posts